Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Associate
Broad Band Level: 4
- PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide a comprehensive professional technical service encompassing feasibility studies, designing, specification, project management commissioning and final account to meet all requirements of a client and the aspirations of the practice.
Staff – Allocated as required for the Design team
– Management responsibility for Technicians and CAD Operators
- ORGANISATION CHART
- PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project. Propose labour resource requirements, monitor time and disbursements spends and take remedial action as appropriate on allocating the charges to the individual job to ensure that financial objectives are met.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Manage, guide and develop technical subordinates in order that they may fully participate in their various teams.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of new techniques and technologies by participating in conferences, attending Continual Professional Development sessions, reading technical in media etc.
- Ability to undertake EPCs and BRUKL report (Mechanical Engineer)
- JOB CONTEXT
- The role within the Practice will vary and be dependent on the objectives identified within NDC’s Business Plan.
- The job holder can be totally responsible for some jobs, obtaining assistance from colleagues, manager and subordinate staff who provides a technical service to meet the jobs needs, e.g. a lead electrical will obtain mechanical skills from others within the Practice.
- On other jobs (which can run concurrently) the job holder may be providing the technical services to others, e.g. electrical services to a mechanical colleague.
5. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications, IEng with relevant experience, or
- HNC or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
- Design software, hands on experience with, Specification Expert, TAS, BIM, Revit and Auto Cad
- Wide breadth of experience and knowledge in Consultancy field, with detailed design skills in particular specialism.
- Appreciation of forms of agreement and contract documentation.
- A knowledge of job costing techniques.
- A knowledge of ISO 9001 & and ISO 14001
To apply for any of our current vacancies please send in your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org